Everyone has now read the first part of “On Intelligence.” We’ll be reading the rest of the book by the next meeting in two weeks.
- Searle & Turing vs. Functionalism
- The true multitude of senses vs. the common five (sight hearing smell taste touch)
- Artificial senses (e.g. the blind seeing through a tongue implant)
- How artificial senses could be used for other inputs (e.g. You could feel the stock market or whether your servers are running)
- How artificial senses combined with a working memory-prediction system could be used to extend our intelligence
- How most current neural networks are uninteresting